Bohemian fashion with Co Co in Montclair.
This fall, the 60’s and 70’s are taking over! Boho-chic, which is a combination of hippie and bohemian influences, became popular in the late 1960’s and has since re-emerged year after year on the runways. This season, the fashion world is referring to the trend as “the new bohemian”, being that it is looking away from the costume-like designs of previous eras and instead taking on a more modern aesthetic. From fringe to flare, we’ve rounded up some bohemian fashion essentials.
- Flared Jeans. Flared jeans are everything this fall. Not only do they make legs appear leaner, but bell-bottoms also give your butt some lift. They can be worn with clogs, platform sandals, or even gladiator shoes. A crocheted sweater and some large sunglasses also go well this type of denim.
- Fringe Vests. A vest is a great piece to own when transitioning from summer to fall. Classic denim vests never go out of style, but if you want to step up your game a little try sporting a fringe vest instead. Although, when wearing fringe make sure to keep all other parts of an outfit simple. Too many bohemian pieces can result in a costume-like appearance.
- A Printed Maxi Dress. Don’t put that summer maxi dress away just yet! This long printed frock has become a hot item for fall when paired with a denim vest and some chunky jewelry. Add a light scarf for some extra warmth and finish the look with ankle boots. Nature-inspired prints are also preferable on a maxi dress when trying to look as bohemian as possible.
- A Floppy Brimmed Hat. Don’t underestimate the power of a hat! Hats are great for making very simple outfits appear much more fashionable. A floppy brimmed felt hat is particularly ideal for the fall or winter, adding just the right amount of warmth and bohemian flair to any look. Pair with skinny jeans, a tunic, and some wedges for a look that’s laid back, but still put together.
- Geometric Prints. Bringing some life to your wardrobe has never been easier with bold geometric printed items. Free-spirited patterns look most fashionable on a mini-skirt or a pair of leggings paired with a basic top. As a bonus, add some beaded statement jewelry.
When it comes to bohemian fashion, Co Co An Experience, located on 206 Bellevue Ave. in Montclair, N.J. has it all. Store owner, Roz Connolly spoke with us about her favorite bohemian trend explaining, “I love fringe. It has that fun 70’s vibe that you can wear on jackets, handbags, boots, etc. Right now our store even has fringe ponchos.” Stop by Co Co An Experience for the ultimate bohemian shopping adventure.