In October, we wear purple to spread the word of Domestic Violence Awareness Month!
“We are so grateful to the participants and sponsors. This annual walk brings in the bulk of our operating funds so that we can provide free and accessible services to the community.” said Kristin Wald, Board Member of S.O.F.I.A.
Anyone interested in learning about how to be supportive of the one in four women in our area affected by domestic violence, please feel free to stop by the Community Service Center, located on 11 Pine Street, Montclair, NJ
Featured speakers include:
- Pamela McCauley, Victim Witness Coordinator
- Deverett Ross, Executive Director of Community Against Violence, Survivor
- Blair Goode, DVRT Liaison Advocate
- Minister Wanda Edwards, Survivor
- Gerri Powell, DVRT Coordinator with the Montclair PD
- Marlo Taybron, DVRT Coordinator with the SOMA PD
“Because we offer all of our services and workshops free-of-charge to the community, one goal is to raise funds for our operating budget and to purchase supplies for our workshops and to hand out in emergency situations. Another goal is to make sure accurate and up-to-date information is available. We are thrilled that so many new supporters have joined us this year!” said Wald.