Oasis offers summer dresses.
Have you ever had that friend who seems to look good in everything she puts on? If you have, then you’re in luck today because her secret is about to be revealed! The secret is to know what best flatters your body by using the power of silhouettes. Working with your figure instead of against it is the ultimate tip for looking amazing in any outfit.
I recently spoke with store manager Sara Jonus who believes that Oasis Clothing located in Montclair, N.J. has a large variety of silhouettes to flatter every woman’s body. “Oasis Clothing works to help customers build their wardrobe and find the styles that are right for them,” said Jonus. “What sets Oasis apart from a department store is that one on one communication that we have with our customers.”
To top it off I’ve created a guide for all different kinds of figures, so you know exactly what to look for when you shop at Oasis!
- If You’re Curvy. The wrap dress is perfect for showing off those curves! Stars like Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson and J-Lo are major fans of this style. Large skirts are also a good fit for you. As a general rule, try to avoid anything that is either too loose fitting or too tight.
- If You’re Short. Short girls need something that elongates their body. The Wrap dress or the Shirtdress are both perfect for accentuating your small figure. Make sure to find a one that is cut just above your knee. A dress that is any longer will overwhelm your petite frame. Avoid large patterns as well. Something simple will create the best look for you.
- If You Have a Boyish Figure. The idea is for you to add curves, so try pairing a dress with a belt to create separation between your top and bottom half. The shift dress is just as flattering on your body type. Avoid dresses that give too much volume or don’t provide enough shape at all. You need a happy medium between both.
- If You Have a Small Bust. A small bust calls for something that will bring definition to the area. Ideally you want to look for a strapless style that fits close to the body. An A-line dress is also a good option for those who don’t care for strapless. In addition, embellishments such as ruffles are great for creating volume
- If You Have a Large Bust. To accentuate your shape, try a dress with an open neckline as well as something that nips in at the waist. A shift dress is another very flattering option for your figure. Try not to purchase anything with ruffles or embellishments as to avoid adding extra volume. V-necks and scoop-necks also look amazing on you!
Still unsure what to look for? The style experts at Oasis clothing will hook you up with your perfect match! You can visit the store at 40 Church Street in Montclair, N.J. The boutique is open from Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m.