That Little Black Dress offers fall fashion.
Even though it’s not August yet, back to school sales are already starting up. Between supplies and clothes, it’s best to have a list of what you need. Here, I have compiled a list of the essential pieces for your shopping trip. One great place to go for all of your back to school needs is That Little Black Dress on 179 Glenridge Ave in Montclair.
- To start off, it’s great to invest in a new pair of jeans. There are so many different styles, patterns and colors to choose from. This year, instead of opting for the usual blue denim, try black. This will let you pair them with denim jackets and anything else since they are also a neutral color. The skinny black jeans from That Little Black Dress are really original because of their studs and pockets.
- Even though school is starting, there is still a good month where the weather stays warm. Denim overalls are perfect for wearing with crop tops and Converse. Since they are solid denim, they are very versatile and can be worn with any color shirt and shoes. A cool way to give them a more modern look is dropping one strap and having it hang down.
- Crop tops are a popular summer piece that can transition to fall fashion staples. They can easily be worn under cardigans, jackets and overalls. Plus, you can keep warm if you pair them with high waisted bottoms, like jeans. Crop tops have been in style this summer, and there are so many options in patterns and lengths, even fabrics. Therefore, if you don’t already own one, your back to school shopping list should definitely include one.
- Jean jackets are also a great piece to invest in. They match with everything, and can be dressed up or down. They come in handy when the weather is not too cold, but not too hot, which is what happens as fall approaches. There are so many styles and different shades of denim. Try to pick up a unique one, like the distressed one at That Little Black Dress, so you can start the school year expressing your original style.
- Another essential to have on hand is a dress. Where better to go for dresses than That Little Black Dress? The store is filled with dresses great for girls who love dressing up for school. There are daytime dresses, for school or more casual events, as well as evening dresses for more formal ones. Those that are not skin-tight and are more flowing are most comfortable.
- Finally, a new pair of shoes is always great for the new school year. Try a new pair of boots for the fall. The floral ones are so unique and can be worn to spice up and outfit. They will definitely make a statement. Shoes can really make an outfit, so it’s important to have an eye-catching pair.
Even if not everyone loves school, back to school shopping is usually exciting for most students. Jenna Davis, owner of That Little Black Dress agrees. “Ever since I was younger, dressing up for school was always my favorite part,” said Davis. “I would have all my outfits picked out for the entire week! At That Little Black Dress you will find everything you need for going back to school from trendy backpacks and skater skirts to your dresses and clutches for the weekend!”
Buying the essentials and pieces that will be most useful to one’s wardrobe, is the best thing to keep in mind while shopping. I hope this was helpful to you, and inspires you to express yourself through fashion in the new school year.