South Moon Under offers the perfect addition to Valentine’s attire.
This Valentine’s Day, treat yourself to some style. Whether you are going out with your girls for a night on the town, or for an evening with your guy, there’s no better day to dress up! Valentine’s Day is a holiday that features some of my favorite fashion colors. Shades of blush pink, vibrant red and white flatter the body in a flirty and festive way. But what exactly does the perfect Valentine’s Day outfit involve? Here are 10 tips that are sure to make you irresistible this holiday.
- Try a tulle skirt. The tulle skirt is a flirty girl’s best friend. It has attention grabbing volume, and a princess silhouette to bring out the ultimate girly-girl in you. To keep warm on top, wear with a long sleeve shirt.
- Rock some red tights! They don’t look as strange as you would think. Red tights, while a bold statement, can bring the right kind of attention to your Valentine’s attire (think Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl). They also keep you super warm!
- Lace and more lace. Thanks to lingerie, lace has become a popular trend in everyday clothes. The fabric adds flirty texture to your look, without being too revealing. A lace top with a long skirt says classy and sexy wrapped into one.
- Mix pink blush and red. Pink blush and red is the power couple you never knew existed. The soft tone of the pink is a dramatic contrast against the boldness of the red. Together, they create a romantic and unexpected look.
- Sport a graphic sweater. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about the skirts and the dresses. There are sweaters circulating stores right now with lips, hearts, candy and other kinds of graphics on them that look so cute paired with some pants. Plus, that sweater is going to keep you way warmer than any dress could.
- Keep it simple with the LBD. You can never go wrong with a simple little black dress.
- Pull off the Oxford look. Smart is always sexy! Layer a collared shirt under a pink or red sweater for an Oxford inspired look.
- Heart sleeve patches. You have probably seen them before. They are cute red heart patches that go on the sleeves of your sweaters or long sleeve shirts. This is a great way to make a very understated statement. This look screams festive without going overboard.
- Black and white is a classic combination. If you aren’t feeling the red and pink this year, try black and white! It’s a classic combination that never goes out of style no matter the holiday.
- Keep it casual with some red booties. Especially when you are looking for comfort, booties can be a wardrobe essential in the winter. The pop of red is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
South Moon Under, located on 10 South Park Street in Montclair, has a variety of Valentine’s Day appropriate outfits. The store features many romantic pieces including one’s with lace, blush pink, and graphic sweaters. If you need an outfit before the big day, head to South Moon Under!