How do you style combat boots?
When it comes to fall shoes, you can never have too many pairs of boots! While over-the-knee boots and ankle booties have probably become fall staples in your closet, combat boots have never caught on in quite the same way. However, that’s all about to change! This edgy trend is emerging as a replacement for the Birkenstock shoe, and fashion bloggers and celebrities alike can’t get enough of it. A shoe that was once worn almost exclusively with punk or rock styles, the combat boot is now paired with everything from floral to leather. That’s why we’ve picked out the five chicest clothing pieces to wear with them.
- Pair with a mini dress or skirt. If you love to show off your legs, this outfit is for you! A mini dress or skirt paired with some edgy looking combat boots is the perfect combination that will make legs look miles long. The femininity of a dress or skirt combined with tough boots makes for a flirty look that’s perfect for date night.
- Printed leggings. Combat boots make a statement by themself and thus, most are worn plain, typically seen in colors of either brown or black. Pick up a pair of printed leggings this season to add a pop of color and pattern to your look. These bottoms will draw some attention from the harsh nature of your boots and they are also so comfortable. Finish off the outfit with an infinity scarf and a t-shirt.
- Floral dress. Who says that floral prints are reserved for the spring? Combat boots give a flower-embellished dress that autumnal flair that it needs. Look for one that hits just above the knee and consider adding some lace boot socks for that extra touch of femininity.
- Leather. Nothing goes better with a pair of combat boots than a leather jacket. Leather pants or other accessories also work well with these shoes, but try to stick with just one at a time to avoid looking like you went overboard.
- High-waisted pants. If you want to take your combat boots from casual to business casual, style them with some high-waisted pants. Although they are not particularly fancy, these pants have a high fashion style to them and when dressed up with a nice top and a blazer you will look sharp and ready for anything.
If you are in the market for some combat boots, Piazza Della Sole, located on 620 Valley Road in Montclair, N.J. is the place! “We carry the most comfortable combat boots that you will ever find by the brand Pikolinos,” said store owner, Camille Kessler. Step up your fashion game this fall and don’t miss out on the combat boot trend!