High socks from South Moon Under.
If you have ever seen the movie Clueless then you know that Cher Horowitz is the queen of all things fashion. While true that she is best known for her plaid skirts and impeccable shoe taste, Cher would be nothing without those amazing high socks that she wears with everything. For someone who has never worn it before, this trend can be down right intimidating. Unlike your average pair of tights, legwarmers, or other stylish legwear, high socks are a newer trend worn less frequently. These socks are often associated with school uniforms, but in reality this accessory is far from standard. There are so many ways to rock this trend, but we have complied just a few to get those creative styling juice flowing!
- Pair with shorts. Don’t pack those denim shorts up just yet. High socks, in particular, thigh high socks, look bold and edgy when worn with this summer staple. Not only will you get another season of wear out of your shorts, but you will also look fashion forward doing it!
- Style with tights. When it starts to get too cold to wear your favorite mini skirt by itself, it’s time to break out the tights. High socks with a skirt not only look school-chic, but they also add another layer onto your legs keeping you warm all the way through November.
- Get mile long legs with over-the-knee boots. If you love over-knee-boots and you love high socks, then it’s about time that you put them together. Particularly when they are the same color, footwear accessories blend together to look like one. Whether paired with jeans, a dress, or a skirt this combination is sure to make legs go for miles.
- Wear with a skirt and sneakers. That whole school uniform thing is a lot more fashionable than you think. Instead of fighting it, try embracing the look by wearing a plaid skirt, some high socks, and a pair of sneakers. This comfortable and stylish outfit will have everyone thinking you’re the next Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl.
- Dress them up. Don’t just limit the high sock trend to casual clothing. Dress them up with a pair of heels and your favorite frock for a look that screams date night ready.
Andrea Espinosa, store manager of Montclair’s South Moon Under wanted to share how she would rock the trend. She explained, “I like to take trends and make them my own, like the over the knee socks trend. It’s fun and it adds a bit of texture to your look. You can dress it down and put them over your ripped jeans and throw on a funky pair of suede boots for a boho chic touch. Or you can even dress them down, throw on a lace pair of over the knee socks with a mini dress and booties, for a subtle glam look.”
To purchase high socks and more visit South Moon Under located on 10 S Park St. in Montclair, N.J.!