Want to work for the Montclair Dispatch?
Managing Editor, paid part-time position – Immediate Start
MontclairDispatch.com has an immediate opening for a writer and editor to work from our Montclair, NJ offices. This position will oversee the day-to-day work of The Montclair Dispatch’s editorial team, including the News Editor, interns, contributing writers, and freelance writers, ensuring content is produced, posted, and tracked efficiently. Along with the News Editor, Digital Content Editor, and Publisher, the Managing Editor will see that the Montclair Dispatch’s editorial vision, content creation, production and promotion is successfully nurtured.
- Develop a monthly calendar of weekly content
- Assign and coordinate content from staff and freelance writers at least 1 month in advance
- Work with News Editor to ensure articles are properly edited and submitted on deadline
- Work with Digital Content Editor to ensure content is published online daily
- Work with Graphic Designer to ensure cohesive work between online and print publication
- Review all content for tone and alignment with AP style
- Regularly write and publish their own articles for the Montclair Dispatch
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Journalism; relevant course coursework/experience will also be deemed acceptable)
- Leadership experience, preferably management of a staff
- Adept multitasker, ability to adjust strategy with short notice as new information is introduced
- Skilled in writing engaging content and meeting SEO guidelines
- Familiarity with Google Analytics preferred (our bounce rate is low and we want to keep it that way!)
- Familiarity with WordPress a must
- Experience with social media, photography, blogging a plus
The ideal candidate should have have a background in Journalism, a unique voice, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. You should enjoy answering questions and be comfortable administering and receiving constructive criticism. This is a great opportunity for young writers looking to build a collection of published clips and gain management experience.
Are you interested? Send us your resume and a cover letter. Visit MontclairDispatch.com/jobs for more information.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login