Screenings can detect diseases early.
The Montclair Health Department suggests that people perform regular health exams and tests ton help find problems before they start. The department also offers most of their suggested screening right in their office, and when they are unable to provide a specific service they are able to make agreements with other local providers that “allow our residents to have the test done at a free or reduced cost at their site,” according to the department.
According to the Montclair Health Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following screenings for adults:
- Blood Pressure: Available at the Montclair Health Department
- Bone Density: Available at the Montclair Health Department
- Skin Cancer: Offered through partners
- Cholesterol: Available at Montclair Health Department
- Blood Glucose: Available at he Montclair Health Department
- Colorectal Cancer: Available at the Montclair Health Department
- Breast Cancer: Offered through partners
- Cervical Cancer: Available at the Montclair Health Department
- Prostate Cancer: Available at the Montclair Health Department
These regular screeningso can help find problems early, when chances for treatment and cure are better. According to the Montclair Health Department, by getting the right health services, screenings and treatments, you are taking steps that help your chances for living a longer, healthier life. Your age, health and family history, lifestyle choices (i.e. what you eat, how active you are, whether you smoke) and other important factors impact what and how often you need healthcare.
To learn more about screenings or to schedule an appointment or to learn about these and other services provided by the Montclair Health Department, please call Erica Abbruzzese, Health Educator at 973-509-4969. The Montclair Health Department is located in the Township of Montclair Municipal Building at 205 Claremont Avenue in Montclair, or you can call the Montclair Health Department at 973-509-4974.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login