Stressful Seniors

Bad news for all the juniors out there currently slogging through the treachery of junior year: it doesn’t get any less stressful come senior year. In fact, it kind of gets a little bit worse.

Stressful Seniors

Stressful Seniors are the new epidemic. Senior year is a lot more stressful than many members of the class of 2014 anticipated. While the year brings glorious events like graduation and senior prom, it also ushers in a whole mess of anxiety and stress thanks to the college application process. “College applications really [stink],” says […]

College Advice For The MHS Class of 2014

While I’ve been a freshman at New York University for nearly three months now, I haven’t forgotten what it took to get me here: the college application process. It feels like just yesterday that I was up in my kitchen, sitting at my counter, in front of my computer at 1:00 a.m., reworking and rewriting draft after draft of my Common Application essay and various supplements for multiple colleges.

College Advice For The MHS Class of 2014

College advice to ease the process. It was a long, tedious and excruciating process that I wouldn’t repeat even if someone paid me millions of dollars. However, it’s a necessity if you want to further your education, so sucking it up and pushing through is what you have to do. But to make undertaking such […]

Class of 2015 Are Driven Crazy

Junior year is considered to be one of the worst years of high school. The work load is intense, the college pressure is just beginning to settle in and the feeling of, “Oh my god I’m in over my head but I still have one more year here” starts to make students panic.

Class of 2015 Are Driven Crazy

Class of 2015 Juniors become worrisome. Many Montclair High School Juniors, Class of 2015 are currently struggling because they have given themselves extremely intense course loads. Come junior year, students load up on Advanced Placement and High Honors classes so that they’ll seem appealing to colleges down the road. However, in many cases, this piling […]

Comfort Food Kitchen Is Best When Shared

A kitchen-away-from-the-kitchen, because the kitchen is where the heart is.

Comfort Food Kitchen Is Best When Shared

Comfort Food Kitchen: The objective within the name. When you need a home-cooked meal or a family dinner night that when you don’t have time for the preparation of the meal, The Comfort Food Kitchen, should be the first and only option. Forget about take-out, “The Comfort Food Kitchen is all about slow-food,” states Suzanne […]

Barbarian Brand Lives On

After a few months under bankruptcy protection, Barbarian Rugby Wear - now Barbarian Sports Wear - is happy to welcome a new owner to get them back in business.

Barbarian Brand Lives On

Barbarian Brand is back and ready to be worn by the finest athletes.  Barbarian Rugby Wear has emerged from under bankruptcy protection with a new leader and a new moniker. The Barbarian Brand will now be sold under the name “Barbarian Sports Wear.” The brand has been based in Canada for 32 years and  produces […]

Fume: A Light At The End of the Cigar

Fumé brings a familiar smell, with no dads in sight.

Fume: A Light At The End of the Cigar

Fume shares the greatest variety of cigars. If you see a cloud of smoke emanate off Bloomfield Avenue, don’t hesitate to investigate. You will be pleased to find Fume. It is the cigar shop that is fully lounged and ready for you to relax. Fume is less of a shop and more of a tobacco […]

Project Graduation 2014: Prepare Your Tassels

Although graduation may be a few months away, students and companies around the Montclair area are gearing up for Project Graduation 2014.

Project Graduation 2014 Project Graduation 2014 is an “all-night party” that starts as soon as graduation ends. Students are able to celebrate with their classmates in an environment without drugs or alcohol. This event is planned mostly by the parents of graduating seniors, with the additional help of many people throughout the Montclair community. Faculty and parents […]

Red Mango: ‘Tis the Season for ‘Fro-Yo’

Red Mango serves seasonal favorites, and what would fall be without the flavor of pumpkin spice?

Red Mango: ‘Tis the Season for ‘Fro-Yo’

Red Mango inspired sweets. It may be autumn, the off-season for Red Mango, but customers still find room for a frozen dessert in the colder months. And on this particularly warm, sunny day of October, my taste buds led me toward the enticing red canopies that arched my interest for a mid-afternoon treat. With a […]

My Blue Suede Shoes Has Quality Pairs

The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll may have sung about them, but Frank sells them, alongside an eclectic mix of artistically chosen, priced appropriate, high quality pairs.

My Blue Suede Shoes Has Quality Pairs

My Blue Suede Shoes take a step in the right direction. Take a walk down Glenridge Ave of Montclair and on the left you’ll find a singing blue sign for My Blue Suede Shoes and inside you’ll see Frank DiFilia, who believes everyone should “be cool, comfortable and confident in all walks of life.” On […]

Pride Fun Run with the Mounties

Mountie Pride Fun Run set to take off on Sunday, Sept. 22.

Pride Fun Run with the Mounties

Pride Fun Run, showing off how proud we are to be called Mounties. As a way to celebrate the Mountie Pride athletic tradition, the first ever Mountie Pride Fun Run is coming to Montclair on Sept. 22 from 4-7 p.m. at Woodman Field. The Montclair Pride Fun Run is an event that was put together […]

1 74 75 76 77 78 81